Howse Family

Howse Family

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Reading!

For those of you who don't know, Andy and I decided when we got married (well, when we first met actually, he decided a LONG time ago) that we would homeschool our kids. I've been teaching things to Ashlyn since she was little...well, she still is. But she loves to learn! Which is a blessing! I've been trying to do some research about how I want to approah her schooling, and although I haven't gotten it all nailed down, I've been learning a lot. My cousin has a 4 yr. old daughter that knows how to read already. She told me what she did, and I decided to give it a try. We've been doing worksheets from a book, and Ashlyn really enjoys it. It's amazing how fast young children can pick things up, and retain them! Today I decided that I was going to start teaching Ashlyn the "Sight words". I googled it, and stmbled upon a GREAT website! It's kidzone.ws. It's GREAT! It has the lists of sight words for different age levels, and you can print them off the website in a format perfect for making flashcards! Ashlyn and I are so excited! I will keep you updated on how it goes!!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Wow, you're ambitious in so many more ways then me.

Scott and Jillian said...

that's cool. I've toyed with the idea of homeschooling for years as well. How's it goin'?

Amanda said...

I think it is wonderful that you are homeschooling. I would be way to intimidated by it. Let me know how it goes.