Howse Family

Howse Family

Monday, June 16, 2008

Orem Summerfest

I entered Drew in the baby contest at the Orem Summerfest on Sat. He was in the boys 5-9 months category. I entered Ashlyn in 06 when she was about 18 months old. She didn't win, which stunk, but I figured I should enter Drew too since I did with Ashlyn. If nothing else, we got this cute picture!!

We went to the Carnival in time for the awards for the baby contest. Drew got second place!! Andy and I totally weren't expecting it, especially since Drew wasn't that interactive with the judges. But second place! I was so excited! A baby contest is a funny thing, though. So many cute babies, and they all can't win. So I'm not sure what the difference was with Drew, but no matter what, he's #1 in my book!!!
This is what he did during the awards.

After the awards, we went on some rides. Ashlyn had so much fun!!! I rode the Ferris Wheel with her. I wasn't sure if she would freak out or not, but she LOVED it! Everytime it went around and was coming down she would put her arms in the air ad go "WHOOOOOOO!!!" It was so funny! She also loved the "Big slide"! She rode that with Andy, and was upset that she would have to wait in the long line again to ride it a second time. She also went on the Merry go round, the boats, bikes, and cars. It's so fun to watch her having such a good time with her cousins and with us.






After the rides, we met up with Andy's family and watched the parade. Drew started laughing his head off when the first marching band went by. I'm not sure why he thought it was so funny. I guess he really liked the music! Ashlyn liked seeing all of the Royalty from the different cities, and there were some women dressed liked the Disney Princesses! After the parade, we watched the fireworks. Drew was wiped out, and feel asleep next to his cousin Allie. When the fireworks started, he freaked out. He enjoyed watching them after he got used to the noise. We were right next to wehre they were shooting them off, so it was extra loud.



Overall, it was a fun, fun day and it made me SO SO excited go on vacation for oer a week and have that much fun everyday!! I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OREM SUMMERFEST is my favortie thing to do in the summer. I'm so sad I missed it.

You should have told me you entered DREW, I knew a judge...

You look really really good in these pictures, by the way

Christina said...

Your hair looks so cute! The picture of Drew was way cute!

Alicia said...

He's so cute! We were at the baby contest awards and we saw him win! That's awesome!