So, June 29th Andy and I, along with our kids and some of Andy's family, took a plane from SLC, Utah to Grand Rapids, Michigan. (Cute pictures from the airport to come...) Andy was born and grew up in Petoskey, Michigan and so every few years we take a family trip to visit his hometown. We got to Petoskey that night and stayed at Andy's brother Chris' house. He lives in Petoskey with his wife and their 9 1/2 children. It was fun seeing them again, even though we didn't get much sleep. :)
The next day we checked into our Vacation home and relaxed. That evening we went to a Polish Restaurant called Legs Inn. You can eat our in the back and look at the lake in the background. It's so pretty!! Last time we went to Michigan, Andy and I went there for our 3rd Anniversary. This time was a lot more hectic with lots more people, including lots of kids! (Again, pictures still to come...!) The next day was a beautiful, sunny day so we headed to Sturgeon Bay to spend the day on the beach. This is also a tradtion with Andy's family. We had lots of fun!! Building sandcastles, swimming, roasting hotdogs over an illegal fire...it was great! :)
The whole group behind their sandcastles (Andy's and Ashlyn's is half our of the picture on the right...)
Daddy and Drew!!
Ashlyn and Mommy!!
Family photo :)
Andy's Dad, his brother Danny, Andy, and his brother Price (seated) on top of a sand dune.
I LOVE this picture...Ashlyn walking on the beach with the sunseat on the lake.
Awwww...:)
The group around the fire...listening to Dad sing about a "logger" :)
The next day, July 2, was Andy's 29th birthday. He kept telling us he didn't want to do anything, plus is was a rainy day. We spent this day in Petoskey, playing miniature golf, going to the waterfront and the breakwater, shopping, eating at La Seniorita's, and having a little party even though Andy said no. :) I tried to make him a Lemon merengue pie, by his request, but it tasted terrible. Next time, I'm doing it from scratch instead of the lemon pudding Andy's Dad suggested. Anyway, Andy had a good birthday even though he's not very happy to be in his 30th year!

Playing miniature golf at Pirate's Cove.
Ashlyn throwing rocks

This is the street Andy grew up on, and also where he got his nickname "Willis".
This was at La Seniorita's Restaurant. Someone told them it was Andy's birthday, and they sang to him and brought him dessert. I love Andy's Dad's face, especially since we hardly ever getspictures of him smiling!!
Andy blowing out his candle and sparklers on his pie. Ashlyn and her cousins were helping.
OK, I'll post about the other half later!!




7 comments:
those pics are AMAZING on the beach. Love em'
Oh I love it! I can't wait for part two, and when you talk about the roller coaster park you were so excited for.
You look AMAZING in that family picture on the beach! SO SKINNY!!
Yup- you look totally skinny! Good job gurl!
Looks like your vacation was alot of fun! I love your swimsuit, it's so cute! I'm adding your blog to the friends list on my blog and I'll send you an invite to mine. Thanks again for letting us hang with you . . .
I love all of your pictures! We need to hang out again. Kylie just started preschool!
Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun. I love the pics!
Post a Comment