Howse Family

Howse Family

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ensign Article

Some of you have probably read the article in this month's Ensign about using the internet to help spread the Gospel. If you haven't, you should! It made me think a lot about missionary work and my efforts in doing my duty to help bring other's the message of the Restoration and of our Savior. Having grown up in the East, then moving to Utah later on in life, I've noticed a HUGE change in my attitude about sharing the Gospel. I use the excuse that "everyone" in Utah is Mormon. It's pretty much a cop-out, but at the same time, having so many members does mean that I have to work harder at finding others that may be searching for the Gospel. Since we have moved into the Family ward, I now have several inactive woman that I visit teach. This is one way I can do my part. Andy and I also just recieved calls to be Cub Scout den leaders. I know there are a few boys that live in inactive homes, and through this calling we can fellowship them and hopefully help them and their families. But my point in mentioning the article in the Ensign is that no matter where we live, there are lots of ways we can reach out to people on this wonderful tool, the internet. I don't think I have any friends reading my blog that aren't already members, but I'm sure I can find other ways of contacting those who aren't. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions feel free to share them with me!!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

I think it's so cute that you're the Cub den leaders! What fun.

Unknown said...

This is so fantastic, you are amazing!How is the family ward?